Disease awareness via growth marketing
Our client, a top 5 worldwide leader in pharma active in multiple therapeutic areas, wanted to build a sense of urgency towards their target groups to motivate them to reach out to their GP concerning the importance of getting a pneumo vaccine.
Due to the intense boost of the COVID-19 vaccines, the lack of guidance on co-administration with other vaccines, and the overarching COVID fatigue, a decrease in pneumococcal pneumonia prevention in favour of COVID and flu occurred in 2021.
On top of that, a new competitor would enter the market. To anticipate on this, our client wanted to leverage its brand authority to build a sense of urgency towards their target groups (people as of 50y old) to motivate them to reach out to their GP concerning the importance of getting a pneumo vaccine.
For this campaign, our client wanted to test ad formats, visuals, copy’s & channels to grow awareness on the importance of getting a pneumo vaccin and to generate as many learnings as possible for future campaigns.
Our approach consisted of the following steps:
- Quick analysis
Segmentation: define key target segments and social media audiences.
- Ideate & prioritize
Brainstorm on potential drivers and barriers related to the vaccin, and translate these into growth experiments.
- Asset creation and validation
We created and configured the assets to get the experiments up and running.
- Killing/Scaling roundsWe launched the experiments and evaluated each of them on a continuous basis and killed / scaled campaigns week by week. We continuously monitored and optimized our campaigns.
We developed a manual with the approach, results and best practices.
- We launched 20 experiments + different variants per experiment and tested as much as possible via Facebook & Instagram: Instagram-ads – 23k views clicks with a CTR of 3,51 & Facebook- ads – 3.9m impressions with a CTR of 3,07%
- Our client extended the campaign duration 2 times because of the excellent result to a complete duration of 10 weeks
- In this period, we collected 21.500 completed surveys on the vaccin knowledge (for Belgium)
A complete handover was organized, both on campaign level (assets) as well as on knowledge